ABOUT THIS BLOG

Please read my entry ABOUT THIS BLOG for details into the links and files provided on this page.

Also use this entry if you want to leave me a comment not pertaining to any entries or let me know you are going to use something you found on this page.

OUR CURRENT CURRICULUM

To access all unit studies created by Promise Academy, please click the link below.

Promise Academy

Monday, April 6, 2009

ABOUT THIS BLOG

ALL of the links to websites provided in my page are links that are accessible to the public from search engines such as Google and Ask. Some of those are links to free ebooks that are accessible through the internet at no cost to the reader, you just need to know how to do the search...or they can be found through some literature-based curriculum websites. If I have used material in a lesson plan that is not free public domain, I have linked to the book for purchase. Any materials I have created for use with the book may or may not be linked to in my blog, depending on the content of those materials.

Some of the files found on my page are files created by myself for use in homeschooling. If the link does not specify a creator, the creator is me. Otherwise I will list beside the item who the author/creator is.

I am providing the resources I have personally found and that I use as a courtesy, so you don't have to go through the months of searching that I went through. How have I compiled this information? I've joined many email groups and I have many homeschooling friends, all whom are generous with the information they have found and readily pass it along to be used by others. I have also done my own searches and found far more than I ever expected to find on the internet (I am absolutely AMAZED at how many books you can find online for free).

If one of the files I personally created is useful to you and you want to pass along the information or the link, credit would be appreciated, but not required. This applies not only to the record keeping files, but also the lesson plans. An alternative to crediting me would be leaving me a comment in an entry letting me know that you are going to use the file....and to be honest, I would prefer this method over credit anyway.

2 comments:

Dan said...

I was happy to discover your blog today. I've developed an educational program for Windows called SpellQuizzer that helps children learn their spelling and vocabulary words without the battle that parents often have getting them to sit down and write them out while the parents dictate to them. The parent enters the child's spelling words into the software making a sound recording of each word. Then the software helps the child practice his or her their words. It really helped my children with their weekly spelling lists.

I would appreciate your reviewing SpellQuizzer in Adventures in Homeschooling. If you are interested in hosting a giveaway of a SpellQuizzer license I'd be happy to supply a free license to the winner.You can learn more about the program at http://www.SpellQuizzer.com. There's a video demo you can watch at http://www.spellquizzer.com/SpellQuizzer-Demo.htm. Finally, there's a page targeted to homeschooling families at http://www.spellquizzer.com/spelling-software-for-homeschoolers.htm. I'd be happy to send you a complimentary license for your own use of the software. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you very much!

Dan Hite
TedCo Software
http://www.SpellQuizzer.com

Shannon said...

Dan,

I would be happy to post a review of the product. Give me a little time to check it out and use it for a bit and then I'll post a review of it. I will leave you a comment when the "editorial" is posted.

Shannon